CAN I USE ANYTHING BESIDES SALT IN THE BUG-A-SALT?
- No! Using other substances will cause problems with your Bug-A-Salt. Warranty is voided if other substances are used.
IS THE BUG-A-SALT DANGEROUS?
- No, only if misused: Do not shoot anyone in face or eyes. Treat it with respect like any equipment. It will not penetrate skin or damage furniture.
WHAT KIND OF SALT DOES IT USE?
- Any ordinary granulated table salt.
WILL THE SALT SPLATTER THE BUG?
- Generally not, the bug will remain whole for easy clean up, though the v3.0 might!
HOW MUCH SALT DOES THE BUG-A-SALT SHOOT?
WHAT IS THE ACCURACY RANGE OF THE BUG-A-SALT?
- Within 3 feet / 91cm is ideal. Practice accuracy by shooting aluminum foil to see salt spray pattern.
HOW MANY SHOTS BEFORE I NEED TO RELOAD?
- The Bug-A-Salt will hold about 70-80 shots before reloading.
WILL THE BUG-A-SALT ELIMINATE MOSQUITOES?
- The Bug-A-Salt is extremely effective at eliminating mosquitoes.
WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF LUBRICANT TO USE ON THE BUG-A-SALT?
- Vaseline has been the most successful lubricant when it comes to taking care of the plastic. Apply on the handle of the cocking mechanism. WD-40 has worked optimally as well.
WHAT IF MY BUG-A-SALT BREAKS?